Mechanical overload safety device
Protection fro damage
The mechanical overload safty device of the Juwel M X ploughs is based on a steering system with high trigger and re-entry forces to ensure that the system is triggered softly and smoothly whenever an obstacle is encountered. This protects both the tractor and the plough.
How the overload protection works
- The auto-reset spreader roller, which runs between the tandem beams, is not exposed to high friction forces, neither when the overload system is triggered, nor when the plough bodies re-enter the soil.
- Force loss at the re-entry of the plough bodies into the soil is minimised.
- This ensures even trigger characteristics with smooth, effortless activation and powerful, speedy plough body re-entry.
Response to obstacles
- Whenever an obstacle is encountered, the elastic, high-quality surface-hardened spring steel beams and body legs can deflect exceptionally far to the side.
- The beams are firmly guided in the process to ensure that they remain in position at all times.
- Both the leg brackets and the beams c/w roller are bolted and together not welded.
- This means high strength and a long service life of the overload elements.