The IC-Weeder AI covers 6 rows with a row distance of 45 cm. The intelligent camera steering works with an algorithm based on the principle of “Deep Learning”. The automatic hoeing machine is thus able to distinguish crop and weed independently.
It thus ensures reliable removal of weeds even in sown crops and with high weed infestation. A compressor provides the pneumatic pressure to move sickle-shaped knifes actively intra-row, so between the plants in one row.
The inter-and intra-row tools are mounted on an parallelogram-element to follow the contour easily. The support wheels guarantee the correct working depth of the knives and via the side shift-frame the machine is steered precisely between the rows.
- Row width minimum 25 cm
- Plant distance minimum 20 cm
- Working width up to 6 m
- Weeding up to 2 cm close to the crop
- Multiple cameras covering 60 cm field of vision each
- Remote service for direct support
What characterizes the IC-Weeder AI
- FARM MACHINE 2022 in the category "Mechanical Weed Control"
- Automatic intra-row hoeing machine also for sown crops
- Single plant recognition based on artificial intelligence (AI)
- Reliable detection even under unfavourable conditions
- Active hoeing knifes move between the plants in one row
- Easy-to-use and intuitive operation
- The cameras are covered to avoid shades through natural sunlight. Instead, the field of vision is illuminated with LED-lights, for high quality camera images.
- The camera makes high resolution pictures in green hues or the RGB-colour spectrum
- Every camera covers a field of vision of 75 cm.
- The images are transferred to the job computer and visualized on the terminal.
- The touch screen terminal processes the camera images into precise steering signals.
- The actual plant position is calculated from the camera image, the plant size and the expected plant position.
This steering signal is transmitted to the shifting frame to follow the rows correctly and to the active hoeing knives that remove the weeds within the row. The terminal is used to control the job computer. Operating the IC-Weeder via the terminal is very simple and intuitive, additional help is accessible via remote maintenance.
The side shift is based on a parallel steering frame, which transfers the steering signal to correctly follow the rows side-warts. The machine position can be moved hydraulically 15 cm to the left or the right.
The two support-wheels correct the height of the machine hydraulically, and provide the speed-signal to the job computer. They also ensure the side warts stability of the machine.
For flexible row widths: The panels are clamped to an 80 x 80 mm profile frame via robust connections and can be easily adapted to different row widths.
- Either three or four toolholders are available on the parallelogram-element for the inter- and the intra-row tools.
- In the front, a rigid or a vibro holder with an A-blade hoes inter-row, so between the crop rows.
- Behind that, two intra-row sickle-shaped knifes are mounted, which remove weeds between the plants in one row.
- In the last position, an air blast cleans the crop from dust and soil, called CropClean. Optional, the weight-pressure of the element to the soil can be decreased by pneumatic cylinders.
Cleans the crop of dust and soil by means of a blast of air behind the element.
Optionally, the weight of the element on the floor can be reduced by a pneumatic cylinder.
Precise blade that cuts the weeds superficially. Swivels into the row on both sides. Its curved shape allows it to work as close as possible to the plant. When closed, two knives overlap each other so that all weeds are removed.
The harrow is mounted behind the machine and removes the soil from the roots of the weeds that have already been chopped off. This reduces the risk of re-growth.